[SunHELP] SDS/Sol8-9 question: replicas on a mirror???

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Fri Oct 15 07:39:12 CDT 2004

Hi,

I must explain this problem with an example.

A Sun with SDS and mirrored boot/system-disks - it was running for
3 or 4 years - had to be moved in a new serverroom. Shutting down
and so on ... no problem.

But at the new place this sun don't start normal, because one disk
of the two boot/system-disks had a failure.

It had started in single-user-mode and I had to remove the missing
replicas manually ...

I'm looking for a solution, that the sun will start without any
replica-problem/error, which must be solved for normal startup.

Thanks und regards

Michael