[SunHELP] Disk remirror after deleting lines in system and vfstab?

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Mon May 31 09:18:16 CDT 2004

On May 31, 2004, at 1:20 AM, ert weerr wrote:

> Could you help me please, how I can remirror the disks
> now?
> The second disk is a brand new one and I just created
> the new partitions and file systems on it.

John, it the metadevice configuration is kept in the /etc/lvm/md.cf
file, not in /etc/system or /etc/vfstab

With DiskSuite, there are two things that go into /etc/system. This is
info about your metadbs - the entries in /etc/system essentially tell
the kernel at boot time where to find them. The second thing is if your
root partition is a metadevice (mirrored, etc) and that the kernel
should treat it as such.

What you need to repopulate the /etc/system file with is the above
info. Hopefully, you HAVE NOT rebooted your system. run 'metadb -p -k
/etc/system' This will repopulate the metadb locations in your
/etc/system

Second, if your system drives/partitions are mirrored, add the
following to /etc/system as well:

* Begin MDD root info (do not edit)
forceload: misc/md_trans
forceload: misc/md_raid