[SunHELP] syslog

Edward Chase echase at studentweb.providence.edu
Wed May 26 10:46:28 CDT 2004

Hi there,

I'm working on some final tweaks of a system I've rebuilt.

I'm trying to get an app logging the way it used to.  Right now I'm getting
nothing.

>From /etc/services (running version)
tacacs          49/udp
>From /a/etc/services (restored version)
tacacs          49/udp

>From /etc/inetd.conf (running version)
tacacs  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/bin/xtacacsd xtacacsd -d
-l -w/var/log/tacacs.wtmp
>From /a/etc/inetd.conf (restored version)
tacacs  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/bin/xtacacsd xtacacsd -d
-l -w/var/log/tacacs.wtmp

>From /etc/syslog.conf (running version)
local6.info     /var/log/tacacs
>From /a/etc/syslog.conf (restored version)
local6.info     /var/log/tacacs

I'm a bit confused with the /var/log/tacacs versus /var/log/tacacs.wtmp
difference, but this was working 2 weeks ago.  Is there another piece of
this I am missing?

Thanks.
--
Edward Chase