[SunHELP] Bind 9.2.3

Lara Matthews lara.matthews at accesscomputing.co.uk
Tue May 25 05:23:12 CDT 2004

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me.

I am trying to configure bind 9 on solaris 9 and I think I have a basic
config up and working but nslookup and dig are coming back with strange

if I dig mailhost.accesscomputing.co.uk I get an answer with the address
I would expect.

However if I dig mailhost then I get :

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> mailhost
;; res_nsend to server default -- 213.128.229.177: Connection timed out

nslookup does not want to seem to play at all:

# nslookup mailhost
*** Can't find server name for address 213.128.229.177: No response from
server
*** Default servers are not available

# nslookup mailhost.accesscomputing.co.uk
*** Can't find server name for address 213.128.229.177: No response from
server
*** Default servers are not available

Any suggestions why a fully qualified name would work in dig but not an
unqualified name?

Cheers

Lara

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]