[SunHELP] Crontab

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 20 09:52:08 CDT 2004

" From: "Faizel Small" <faizelsmall at webmail.co.za>
"
" I need to run a cronjob the first Saturday of every month at 19h00 .
" Could you please assist with the settings.
"
" I currently have the following setting and this run the job every Saturday.
" 00 19 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 * 6 /opt/sybase/dba/java/gen.scr

it would be nice if all the date fields were anded, but
day-of-the-month and day-of-the-week are ored...

you have to attack the problem another way, with the date cmd.

00 19 * * 6 if [ `date +\%e` -le 7 ]; then /opt/sybase/dba/java/gen.scr; fi
tests every saturday but is only true if it's within the first seven
days of the month.