[SunHELP] CSW packages

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Tue May 11 16:07:25 CDT 2004

Is anyone using the CSW packages in production?  I'd been using SFW packages
previously, but CSW sounds interesting.

http://www.blastwave.org/

Presently I have a bunch of source compiled stuff install in /opt, SFW
in /usr/local, and perhaps CSW in /opt/csw.  Things are starting to get a bit
messy.

Would a wholesale migration to CSW packages be risky at present, or is it
worth persuing?

Thanks!

(Background:  I'm not new to community packaging as I have been using Debian
GNU/Linux for years, but I am rather new to Solaris and CSW seems to be a new
project.)