[SunHELP] Disk Mirroring and failover

duke.glover at verizon.com duke.glover at verizon.com
Tue May 11 15:18:31 CDT 2004

Thanks for all of the responses so far.  One last question then.  If the
system keeps running uninterrupted after a failed disk then how do you know
you have a failed disk.  Is there some sort of notification built in to SDS
?

Thanks,

Duke

                      "Beaman, William C"
                      <William.Beaman at cfs        To:       "'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'" <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
                      an.fda.gov>                cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [SunHELP] Disk Mirroring and failover
                      sunhelp-bounces at sun
                      help.org

                      05/11/2004 03:43 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "The SunHELP List"

Yo,

Naw man, the mirror disk will kick in...not to worry...you don't have to
reboot or anything...this stuff is for high availability, so it keeps
running...depending on the system (if you have hot swap disks), you replace
bad disk, resync, and drive on...even on OS disk...we been doing this for a
few years...

Bill

Message: 12