[SunHELP] SUNWski and OpenSSH/SSL

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 22 14:46:20 CST 2004

Has anyone used the SUNWski package (which creates randomness for
Solaris 2.6 systems) with current OpenSSL and/or OpenSSH? Or should I
just continue using PRNGD?
   I have some 2.6 servers, and I use PRNGD now. There's a Sun Blueprint
from January of 2003 that says to use PRNGD for Solaris 2.6, but I was
wondering if anything had changed, and whether anyone had any
experiences that contraindicated this advice.
-wde
P.S. I opened a Sun support ticket, and got lots of disclaimers about
supporting open-source software -- but then they said that they had
doubts about SUNWski, and suggested PRNGD. Am I convnced yet? I would
be, if I didn't think that you readers were so smart.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator -- Providence, RI