[SunHELP] Inserting 66MHz PCI card to 33MHz slots

Mohd Yazid mekcsf at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 20:30:33 CST 2004

Hi All,

I have one Emulex LP9002L-E HBA PCI card. From the
packaging its says 64bit 66MHz. The problem is that
all 66MHz slots in my server are alraedy occupied. Is
it safe (does not damage the card) if I install this
card to the 33Mhz slots. The voltage used by 66MHz and
33MHz differs, I'm afraid it will damage the card, has
anyone have any experience on this? BTW, the card
interface allows it to be inserted to both 33/66 MHz
slot.

TIA