[SunHELP] lpr error

Bret Adams bret at fabrikant.com
Tue Mar 9 09:06:19 CST 2004

Hey Everybody:

I applied the latest patch set for my E3500 with kernel 108529-29.  I keep
getting lpr errors in the messages file.

Mar  8 15:38:58 xxxx lp[24409]: [ID 889138 lpr.error] Warning: Received
SIGPIPE; continuing

Along with that, a random print job will keep repeating at random but not
on all printers.  I have already tried the usual things including shutting
down the lp service and cleaning out /var/spool/print.  I am thinking that
maybe one of the lp patches included in the patchset disrupted the
communication between the box and the printers.  The one patch that SUN
mentioned was 109320 which is currently at revision 09 is updated.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bret