[SunHELP] boot -s doesn't mount /opt

Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro
Mon Mar 8 01:12:41 CST 2004

Hi,

First: you are in runlevel S (i.e. single user mode)

o) the script /etc/rcS.d/S40standardmounts.sh is mounting only the / and
some other needed (e.g. proc, fd, etc) -- these are default mounts for this runlevel

o) the rest of the mount is completed during runlevel 2 (multiuser
without network) with /etc/rc2.d/S01MOUNTFSYS

If you intend to modify these be careful ....

better try to mount by hand.

Adrian.