[SunHELP] Solaris Failover

Jon Still sunhelp at xanthein.net
Thu Mar 4 02:55:00 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm looking for products that will perform simple IP address failover
between two Solaris 8 boxes - either open source or commercial.
Unfortunately everywhere I look all I see is info on IPMP, which we're
already using!

One project I have seen is SVRRPD
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/svrrpd), an open source implementation of
VRRP (as seen on Nokia IPSO for example) - this is exactly the kind of
thing I'm looking for but that particular software is still classified as
"pre-alpha" and hasn't been updated for 2 years!

If anyone can provide any information I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Jon.

--
matrix# reload