[SunHELP] realloccg /: file system full

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Tue Mar 2 08:36:25 CST 2004

On Mar 2, 2004, at 2:26 AM, Sizheng Zhu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We got a message from our Sun UltraSparc:
>
> NOTICE: realloccg /: file system full
> NOTICE: alloc:/: file system full
>
> Although we nulled the files wtmp(x) and messages in /var/adm and
> removed some unexpected files in /var/spool/mqueue, the file system is
> still 100%.
>
> Is there any suggestion to help us to fix the problem ?

Try restarting syslogd.

It sounds odd, but it'll probably fix your problem. Files that are
nulled out but are still opened by a process (such as syslogd having
/var/adm/messages open all the time) would not be relflected in df
output until those files are closed. Restarting syslogd (through HUP
signal or start/stop) will close it's open files and reopen them.

/dale