[SunHELP] solaris 9 install is problematic

Bob Ababurko ababurko at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 30 14:00:30 CDT 2004

I am installing Solaris 9 sparc on a Ultra1 from cd's that I downloaded and
burned from the sun site. I am doing this from the serial port with a
hyperterminal connection, btw. I do a complte install w/ OEM support and
everything goes fine until the sytem reboots and where it is supposed to
ask me for the 2nd of the 2 cd. It says:

Unable to run Launcher without Java.

and continues with the login and gives me a prompt, skipping the second cd.
What could this be? Could I have a bad cd1? Are there logs that may tell me
what is happening? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
BOB