[SunHELP] can't login to solaris (fatal)

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 06:22:15 CDT 2004

hi,

I changed /etc/pam.conf to make login authenticate to
ldap, and I commented out the other auth modules (such
pas pam_unix)...and as a result, I can't login at all.
When the machine is rebooted, it doesn't prompt for
login and straight away say login failed. I've tried
to telnet and ftp without success. I managed to get
into the box in single user mode, but I can't change
the pam.conf, it's a read only file. chmod doesn't
work either.

what should i do ?

thanks,
lara