[SunHELP] Bringing up a new Ultra 2...

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Jun 12 16:31:16 CDT 2004

Hi guys,

I'm bringing up a new (to me) Ultra 2 and need some help getting started.

1) Looking for a comparison of Solaris 8, 9 and 10, including
	a) more important new features/fixes in each release
	b) which versions supported on which platforms (sun4d|m|u)
	c) when did Sun change the "hobbyist license" and effect on SMP boxes

2) I need a primer on disk storage management under Solaris.  I'm from the AIX
camp, so I'm very familiar with LVM.  I want to run a mirrored disk
configuration using the two internal bays on the U2.  I may have to install
the box on one drive, and need to add the second drive and mirror the two at
a later date.  I hear a lot about the Veritas filesystem stuff and believe it
was added into Solaris at some point (when?), but I don't know anything about
what it is or its capabilities.

3) Is Boot prom rev 3.1 latest for this machine?

Thanks,
Eric