[SunHELP] FTP runs really slow

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jun 8 15:54:28 CDT 2004

" From: "Nguyen, David M" <david.m.nguyen at xo.com>
"
" I am running solaris8. I notice FTP is running very very slow recently
" when I attempt to get/put a file and I don't know what cause it and how
" to fix it?  Does someone have any idea how to troubleshoot it?  I
" already check network traffic and found no network congestion.

how about retransmission rates?  i had timeouts and window size
problems with ftp over my dialup link, leading to lots of
retransmissions even though it wasn't congested.