[SunHELP] "Overlapping swap files are not allowed" -- what gives?

Eric LeBlanc inouk at igt.net
Mon Jun 7 12:02:24 CDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> My U30 running Solaris 9 keeps giving me the following messages on boot:
>
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 Overlapping swap files are not allowed
> /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1 Overlapping swap files are not allowed

Type 'format' and check if you have allowed 2 partitions of swap that they
don't overlap...

For example:

partition1: from cylinder 1 to 200
partition2: from cylinder 50 to 1000

In this case, partition2 is overlapping the partition 1.  The same story
may occur with your swap partitions.

E.
--
Eric LeBlanc