[SunHELP] making permanent sawp file added..

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:13:00 CST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:52:02 -0800 (PST), david rana <help_dev at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Expertise.
>
> A good day.
>
> Being in to new Unix Administration side, I am looking to your help & cooperation for the problems unable to solve..
>
> I added a file of 100Mb to my sawp space using  "swap -a" command in solaris 7 (x-86). But i found everytime i reboot the system, i have to repeat the procedure. So, Is there any way to make it permanent avoiding the repeatation of the procedure.

You need to add an entry to your /etc/vfstab.  Check the man pages for
vfstab, mount_tmpfs, and swap for details.  You will need to decide if
you want /tmp to be on swap.

If you are adding additional space over and above any swap, then there
is likely already a swap entry in the vfstab.  You can model your new
entry on it, if so.

=Nadine=