[SunHELP] Solaris package removal question

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:20:53 CDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:08:36 -0400, Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote:

> > Well, do ls -l /path/to/perl and take the creation time of this program,
> > and do a find, something like:
> >
> > find / -time time_date_of_your_perl_program > /tmp/allfilesfromperl
> >
> > check in "man find", I can't recall what is the exact parameter (I think
> > -ctime )
>
> You might check the number of files in the package with pkginfo -l and
> compare it with the results from above... assuming all this trouble is
> worth it. ;)

Well, my find fu is pretty decent these days, so that's definitely
worth a shot.  I would just prefer not to have to fiddle around
with doing a recovery on this machine of something like perl
because it's being backed up using DAT and ufsdump...i.e.
the restore would be painfully slow.

I appreciate the further suggestions.

=Nadine=