[SunHELP] Solaris package removal question

Patrick de Ruiter patrickr at nedstat.nl
Wed Aug 25 01:19:19 CDT 2004

Hi Nadine,

Is it Solaris perl which is installed by default or a custom package from
sunfreeware?
In the first occasion it's advisable to leave it on your system, this
because it might break any apps that depend on the library's.
You can rename it to /usr/bin/old.perl or something like that.
If it's the second you should just upgrade the old version with a new one
and fix any problems that might occur

Cheers,
Patrick