[SunHELP] Solaris 8: Unable to login

Saily Cedre saily at etecsa.net
Tue Aug 10 07:28:00 CDT 2004

If you say that some user by the name Mox & Moxu is created with userid 0 &
1 respectively, it means it is a root account , because that account has the
same user id as root. So, it means that someone got into your server and
created an account with the same privileges as root.

If you look for smcboot in www.google.com you can find something like this:
The smcboot is a small proxy server used by the Sun Management Console
Server in order to receive management connections. The smcboot startup
procedure in certain hardware releases of Solaris 8 contains a security
"hole" that can lead to a local denial of service and can leave the target
system crippled.

You should visit this page to understand yoy have a big problem.
http://www.securiteam.com/unixfocus/6K00S203FC.html

Saily.