[SunHELP] SS10 - need help with SCSI

Valery Yankin reconnect at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 2 09:40:59 CDT 2004

>http://www.comsell.com/ftp/dcas_ps.pdf
>
>It appears that you should be fine (speaking in terms of the SCSI
>specs).

Okay, thanks, I will consider buying this HDD. It's the only thing I
could find around anyway. The PDF doc will be VERY valuable.

>As to the disk capacity, If you plan to use Solaris 8 or greater, I
>would definetely consider 9 gig drive.

I have OpenBSD on my mind, if I get it installed and running, the 4.3 Gb
HDD will be quite sufficient for a small home web server. If it fails, I
have Solaris 2.6 as an option. I also have Solaris 8 but I doubt it that
it would run smoothly on this SS10.

>Also check out:
>
>http://www.net-kitchen.com/pipermail/suns-at-home/2000-September.txt
>
>regarding your display issues.  It's possible that PROM settings
>(NVRAM) may need to be changed.

Thanks a lot for the link. Actually I tried setting up
output-device=screen (I did it from a tty console), then I brought a
monitor, switched the station off and turned it back on but it didn't
work unfortunately. The monitor's LED was always yellow. I guess it's
the monitor which is incompatible (Hyundai 17" TFT). But it's okay for
me to use the console now that I know the machine actually works (first
I thought it was dead). The null-modem cable is on its way.