[SunHELP] E450 + A1000?

ert weerr sun1sol at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 03:50:24 CDT 2004

Hi guruz,

We have an E450 and I installed a new SCSI card
in order to attach an A1000 to the system filled
up with 9gb disks.

{1} ok probe-scsi-all
/pci at 6,4000/scsi at 4,1
Target 5
  Unit 0   Disk     Symbios StorEDGE A1000  0205
  Unit 1   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 2   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 3   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 4   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 5   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 6   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205
  Unit 7   Device type 20     Symbios StorEDGE A1000
0205

/pci at 6,4000/scsi at 4

/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 2
Target 6
  Unit 0   Removable Read Only device    TOSHIBA
XM6201TASUN32XCD1103

/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3
Target 0
  Unit 0   Disk     SEAGATE ST39102LCSUN9.0G0828
Target 1
  Unit 0   Disk     SEAGATE ST39102LCSUN9.0G08

After this I rebooted the system and issued the
devfsadm;disks command but nothing has happend.
I still can't see the external disks in format just
the two internal Seagates.

What else should I do to setup the A1000's disks
under Solaris 8?

Thanks in advance!

John