[SunHELP] Ultra 2

Gereon 'Jerry' Stein gereon at sonnenblen.de
Sun Apr 4 14:07:58 CDT 2004

This looks a lot like a bad memory module. I had the same effect when
using memory modules of a somewhat too conservative timing in an Ultra60.

If you can successfully boot up an older version of Solaris (and that
boots fine), you may want to upgrade your flash prom. If that freezes
all the same, swap out memory modules bank by bank to isolate the
potentially bad module.

If you had Sol.8 on that box before, forget about the upgrade - your
flash prom should have a recent enough version.

Regards

Jerry