[SunHELP] local copying with regard to symlinks and speed

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 23 21:12:14 CDT 2003

Yes and I actively use rsync for my remote copies, excellent program.
My understanding is that by design rsync is not really intended for
local copying, there is a long post out there in response to someone's
complaint about local copying performance with rsync.
http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/msg07205.html.  Thats all
understood. rysnc definately handles the links with the -a or -l option.

Thanks for the response.