[SunHELP] RE: SunHELP Digest, Vol 10, Issue 14

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 23 12:38:22 CDT 2003

Edward,

If you have access to SunSolve, Solaris Live Upgrade is worth a look. We
just upgraded a bunch of servers from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8 and only ran
into a few problems (3rd party applications). In a nutshell, Live Upgrade
copies your critical partitions (/, /var, /usr, /opt ...) to a new disk and
then performs an upgrade while the original OS is still running. After the
upgrade, you can boot from the original or upgraded disks, very sweet.

Matthew