[SunHELP] Screen resolution using CDE (Solaris 8 x86)

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 5 13:51:03 CST 2003

Hello gurus,

I'm not really familiar with display resolutions in Unix and wondered if
anyone had any idea on how I can set my display? Here is the information on
my system:

HP Vectra VLi8
Intel 82815 Graphics Controller (on-board)
Solaris 8 (x86)
CDE
19" Sun Monitor

I've got the monitor setup using a 2 port KVM switch and my other Windows
2000 workstation (using the same monitor) is running at 1152x864 60Hz, so
I'd like to try and setup the display on my Solaris 8 workstation to be the
same. I've tried using the kdmconfig utility, but it doesn't let me change
the resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew