[SunHELP] ssl problems - Creating Certs

Dave Lewis dlewis at dsl-co.com
Thu Mar 27 18:04:30 CST 2003

I've installed the following packages to get sshd to work ..

egd-0.8-sol7-sparc-local
perl-5.6.1-sol7-sparc-local
openssh-3.0.2p1-sol7-sparc-local
prngd-0.9.23-sol7-sparc-local
openssl-0.9.6b-sol7-sparc-local
zlib-1.1.3-sol7-sparc-local

and then I went to install Ben's true apache-ssl, which I finally got
compiled but
when I go to make the cert's I get this.....

/usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl req -new > new.cert.csr
Using configuration from /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf
unable to load 'random state'
This means that the random number generator has not been seeded
with much random data.
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
518:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not
seeded:md_
rand.c:492:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.
html
518:error:04069003:rsa routines:RSA_generate_key:BN lib:rsa_gen.c:182:

I red the faq but I'm still lost.. I thought prngd did the random
stuff.  and I can't find a working patch for solaris 7
to get this working.

Has anyone hit this and possibly could send me the patch that I apparently
need to get the stuff working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave