[SunHELP] Still problems setting up quad card

Patrick Marquetecken patrick.marquetecken at pandora.be
Mon Jun 30 13:06:31 CDT 2003

Hichael,
Thanks for helping me.

> did you change the mac address on each interface?
>
> if the nics are on the same network (and they are), each nic requires a
> different mac address.  otherwise, you will confuse solaris (which is
> one thing that looks like is happening).
>
>     "man ifconfig"
>        should show how to change the mac address on each interface
>     the obp setting is local-macaddress? or local-address?
>        man eeprom

I dit not changed the mac addresses.
according to some pages on the internet changing the value local-mac-address? wil not help to change it automatic, and i tried it. With my kind of quad card the changing of that parameter don't help, its now on true

If i use ifconfig qeX ether x:x:x:x:x i can change the address but how do i make it permanent?, or must i write a script that take the device down, change the mac address, and takes it back up?.

> to turn off routing do this:
>
>       # touch /etc/notrouter
>
> routing is the default with multihomed sun machines.
>

> have you tried setting up the network with JUST the le0 interface?
>
>      once you get it working with JUST one nic,
>      it will be easier to set up the other nics.

with one interface works it fine.

Patrick
--
 "Please, Spock, do me a favor don't say it's 'fascinating'." -- Dr. McCoy
 "No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock

 PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
 Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
 ICQ# 316932703
 Registered Linux User #44550
 http://counter.li.org

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]