[SunHELP] Quad ethernetcard

Hichael Morton mh1272 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 11:49:31 CDT 2003

each of the four interfaces on the quad card will need to be configured
and working.
to go from nic to nic, you will need a crossover cable.

in multi-homed hosts, i always set the obp setting, "local-address?",
ti "true".  this is probably not needed but is my practice based on our
network.

configuring the quad card interfaces is relatively easy.

    man ifconfig

the solaris system administrator guides are freely viewable and
downloadable from docs.sun.com.  if the answerbook2 is installed, the
system administrator guides are also installed.

the system administration guide should give an example of how to
configure the interfaces.