[SunHELP] Creating a Solaris/UNIX CD

Ann.Waters at kp.org Ann.Waters at kp.org
Tue Jun 10 17:17:24 CDT 2003

Hi Listers,

I've downloaded the Solaris 8 2/02 binaries to a PC with a CD burner and
would like to create the applicable CDs using Nero.  I'm somewhat
confused, though, as to how I go about this.  I've unzipped each of the
files down to it's ISO extension (ie. sol-8-u7-sparc-v2.iso).  Is this as
far as I need to go in regards to extraction?  When I go to create the CD,
do I create it as a data cd or an image cd?

Any help here would be most appreciated as I've never created a Solaris CD
without having another one to copy from.

Thanks!

Ann Waters