[SunHELP] Solaris 8 and Mutt Segfault (Patch Cluster Maybe ?)

Chris Hall chall at verio.net
Fri Jun 6 17:32:07 CDT 2003

[alaric at caerllewys.net] Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 06:09:11PM -0400 wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 05:00:16PM -0500, Chris Hall wrote:
> > [alaric at caerllewys.net] Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 05:42:15PM -0400 wrote:
> > >
> > > Other recently-built executables on the machine work correctly?
> > >
> >  Yes, Problem seems to be with mutt only.
> >
> > > Have you tried temporarily moving your keyrings and creating a dummy
> > > keyring?
> > >

> >   Yes, To add to that, It seems that it is not the number of keys in a keyring
> > but, may be the size of the public keyings. In testing at one point we had 15
> > keys (some large) and mutt puked. At another time we had up to 27 before
> > mutt would puke (using both pgp and gpg). As i said in the first e-mail, i have
> > figured out when mutt calls "pgpring -5 ''" and during reading/parsing ??? of it's
> > output is when it will puke.
>

> What I'm wondering is whether it's not an issue of number or size of
> keys, but key format.  I don't believe the latest open PGP source
> codebase supports all possible key formats (this is, in fact, why I
> switched to GPG -- I got tired of running into keys freeware PGP
> couldn't handle).

   Yeah, we wanted to move to gpg but, getting everyone to agree is well,
another issue. But agian, it doesn't matter if i use gpg or pgp, mutt
still bombs on this particular system and works just fine on another.
AFAIK, these systems have identical software installs (only differance is
that the system where mutt works has CDE). I guess my next step is going
through what is exactly different with these machines and go from there.
Perhaps completley reinstall/compile what mutt requires from source, rather
than stuff from sunfreeware (i like to aviod precompiled software where possible,
but it is sometimes convenient :)). Anyway its friday, I'll wait till monday,
untill then, the workaround seems to be to split the keyring into sepreate
smaller keyrings. :(

--
Thanks,

- Chris Hall

  "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens
to reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without,
at the same time improving their spelling".
                                               -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal