[SunHELP] Solaris 8 and Mutt Segfault (Patch Cluster Maybe ?)

Chris Hall chall at verio.net
Fri Jun 6 16:30:12 CDT 2003

[chall at verio.net] Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:28:18PM -0500 wrote:
> [alaric at caerllewys.net] Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:30:52PM -0400 wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 07:14:10PM -0500, Chris Hall wrote:
> > > System: Solaris 2.8 (Patch Cluster as of June 5 2003)
> > > PGP: Version 6.5.8 (Command line Freeware)
> > > Mutt: Mutt 1.4i (Compiled from source using gcc 2.95.3)
> >

> > This is a rather *old* Mutt ...  the current version is v1.5.4, and
> > there is a v1.4.1 bugfix release for 1.4.  Personally, I'd try
> > installing mutt-1.5.4 and the latest gpg and see if your problem
> > disappears; I rather suspect it will.
> >

>      I have compiled mutt v1.5.4 with gpg and mutt still segfaults.
> I have tested mutt/pgp on another Solaris 8 system, that was not
> updated with the latest patch cluster (last patch cluster on this system
> was 2 mabee 3 months ago) and it works just fine. So my next question is,
> is there an easy way to show what patches were applied on a system within
> a certian time period or mabee a patch diff between systems ?
>
>   Also, in looking around, it looks like the origianl files were not
> saved during the patch process (can't backout a patch, lesson learned
> here :)). What would be the best way of recovering and installing the
> original files without causeing to much problems to a system ?

  welp, it is not the patch cluster, i updated the system where mutt is working
the to the same cluster as the machine machine with the problem. and mutt still
functions. at this point i am stumped. anyone have any pointers on how to track
down what is causing this app to segfault ?

Thanks,

- Chris Hall

  "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens
to reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without,
at the same time improving their spelling".
                                               -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal