[SunHELP] SPARCStorage Array 101

Luc I. Suryo luc at suryo.com
Tue Jun 3 17:41:19 CDT 2003

> I'm able to see the disks in the array after hooking the beast up via
> fibre. What next? I know how to format and partition + add fs to the
> drives individually, but don't know nada about DiskSuite. Can someone
> kindly give an eternal newbie some pointers?

well what do you want to do??? stripping / raid 0 / 1+0 / 0+1 / concat?
but as a start format the disks and i suggest todo this

partition 0		rest of disk
partition 1		do not use
partition 2		backup do not use
partition 3		do not use
partition 4		do not use
partition 5		do not use
partition 6		do not use
partition 7		unuse partiton between 5mb and 10mb for the meta dbs.

Create Initial State Databas:
example with 2 disk, use 2 DB copy
metadb -a -f -c 2 c0t0d0s7 c0t1d0s7

	-> in case the disks use are c0t0d0 and c0t1d0

hope this may help you going... and check also docs.sun.com
the whole disksuite doc is online :)

--
Kind regards,
Luc Suryo