[SunHELP] Oracle performance replies

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Mon Jun 2 09:19:37 CDT 2003

processors have 8MB L2 cache vs. 1MB L2 cache for the UltraSparc IIIi
processors in the V240...  other things being equal, the L2 cache
increase should help the 280R be faster... Also, check the memory speed
& compare... faster is better.  You'll need to look at how many PCI
slots for SCSI/FC HBAs, too.  There's always the cost factor to figure
in -- how much $$ is your budget?

Message: 5