[SunHELP] SUN NVRAM/hostid FAQ & E450

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 31 18:14:00 CDT 2003

It should be, if not you can pop the NVRAM into another system and program it
there. Where I used to work, we used a sparc 10 to program all M49T09 (NVRAM
in the Ultras) and M48T08's (NVRAM in the sun4m systems) and a sparc 2 to
program all M48t02s (NVRAM for the sun4c systems).

Im not sure what the FAQ says but as long as you scramble the checksum it
*should* work.

0 0 mkp
8 0 20 aa bb cc 80aabbcc mkpl
^d^r (control+d followed by control+r)

if you get a message along the lines of (copyright Sun Micro Systems) then try
1 1 mkp instead and repeat the sequence above.

Regards,

--Buddy