[SunHELP] grep

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 31 17:32:50 CDT 2003

"From: Bret Adams <bret at fabrikant.com>
"
"I was trying to find a way to grep a pattern in a file and then print out
"that line and the two lines preceding the match.
"I already manned the grep, egrep and fgrep man pages and nothing was listed
"that fit the bill.  Maybe there is a more robust version
"of grep out there.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

i can think of a dirty hack that would grep -n for the line number,
then tail +number <file> | tail -3 ...