[SunHELP] Sun Cluster vs Veritas Cluster for Oracle Racs

Naser Ali Ali.Naser at irs.gov
Thu Jul 31 12:41:26 CDT 2003

Thanks Hichael

-----Original Message-----
From: Hichael Morton [mailto:mh1272 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:38 PM
To: The SunHELP List
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Sun Cluster vs Veritas Cluster for Oracle Racs

we have not been satified with veritas clustering.  we have meetings
quarterly with veritas about the problem we are having and their
solution is to buy more hardware.  (yes, veritas says adding hardware
will solve problems.)

sun clustering is supported by sun.  if you have a service contract, you
will solve problems and get answers.  if your hardware is sun, you have
one place to go for support and this makes it much easier.

every time we call veritas support, they just dig a deeper hole and ask
to climb in it.

i do not recommend ANY veritas product.  their support is very sub-standard.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org