[SunHELP] IPX ok prompt strangeness over serial

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 31 07:39:15 CDT 2003

"From: Ken Miller <ken at metahusky.net>
"
"Hi all, hope someone can stop me tearing my hair out over this problem :)
"I just obtained an IPX, no monitor/keyboard, which I connect to over
"serial from a windows box with hyperterminal. It boots up fine, and I can
"see everything over the serial connection, log in etc. But if i send a
"break to it to get to the ok
"prompt, it all goes a bit broken :) I cant run any commands in this mode,
"in fact, about the only thing i can send is ctrl-W, which clears anything
"I've typed. When I attempt to run a command, such as say probe-scsi, the
"console just beeps at me after I press enter, not going to the next line.
"However, if I change the options to Send line-ends with line-feeds, it
"does go to the next line, but outputs probe-scsi ?
[]
"Does anyone have any ideas?

sounds like it's having trouble digesting the cr char.  try typing
ctrl-j [lf] at the end of line instead of <enter>.