[SunHELP] System Administration Tasks

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 17 07:45:05 CDT 2003

"Naresh Narang" <nknarang at netzero.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> 	I am looking for preparing a list of System administration tasks
> 	that I
> should be doing daily, weekly, monthly and occasionally. I'd appreciate if
> someone could give me such a list.

test your recovery procedure
perform a security scan both internal and external
audit your logfiles for oddness
practice grovelling for more/better equipment
listen to the hard drives
check the temperature in the datacenter
panic at least once per day
refill the Rolaids bottle from the industrial-sized bulk pack
repeat after me - "It's not my fault, but it is my problem."

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."