[SunHELP] command to check if a file is open and somethingis writing to it

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 16 19:15:15 CDT 2003

Because there is a better answer ... fuser. Using lsof for this would be like
debugging C code with an oscilloscope (ok, maybe not that bad).

If people spent less time flaming everyone for their posts we would all have a
lot less email in our inboxes.

fuser will work just fine for this and it comes with the OS.

--Buddy