[SunHELP] Re: VLAN in SUN FastEthernet

Saily Cedre saily at etecsa.net
Wed Jul 16 12:25:03 CDT 2003

Sorry, but I dont understand the answer.
I4m goin to explain all again , with more details (this is the first time I
send messages to a this kind of list)

I4ve got a Cisco switch that supports VLAN, a SUN Ultra SPARC with Solaris
2.6 and a Firewall CheckPoint.
I want to connect differents hosts to that switch, and I want to do VLAN,
because those hosts will not belong to the same network.
The Firewall has to be part of those VLANs because I need to apply some
policies to protect those networks from Internet and from the others VLANs.

That4s why I need to know if the SUN4s FastEthernet (hme) can be used to
this proyect.

Thanks again.
Saily.