RES: [SunHELP] Telnet error

Edwin Jean Soriani Karrer edwin at tnext.com.br
Wed Jul 16 09:08:24 CDT 2003

If the system is up and you have another service answering (ftp), take a
look at the line below in the /etc/inetd.conf:

	telnet stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
in.telnetd

It can't be commented if you want this service to work.
You should also check if this system is behind a firewall or if it has a
local firewall. In both cases you should provide a rule to this kind of
access.

I hope it helps...

Regards,
Edwin Karrer