[SunHELP] strange ls behaviour

Bret Adams bret at fabrikant.com
Thu Jul 10 09:02:20 CDT 2003

Rootkits enable a hacker to gain a backdoor to your system without you
being aware of it.  So the hacker puts bogus versions of certain system
commands so you cant see certain processes he is running or certain files
he has deposited. This way when you run ls, or ps you are not seeing any
strange activity.

Bret