[SunHELP] strange ls behaviour

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 10 08:45:55 CDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:52:44 +0200
"Simon Jespersen" <shj at pine.dk> wrote:

> Hi on my blade 100 sol8 box i have a very strange behaviour.

<snip>

> Can some one tell me whats going on

It is common practive to replace several binaries when a box is compromised
and rooted.  ls, login, top, ps, who, and couple others are the most
commonly replaced.  I suggest you take a *good* look at your box, the
system, and see if there's a root kit on it.  You're likely going to need to
rebuild this system.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."