[SunHELP] problems with telnet access

Simon Jespersen shj at pine.dk
Mon Jul 7 05:53:21 CDT 2003

Hi!
im having trouble login on to a Sunbox using telnet.

When i telnet to the box it comes op with the SunOS 5.7 in the telnet
session but it doesnt show login promt. I have cheked the inetd.conf and all
networks settings looks fine. I have tried from different machines.

The onlye i can connect is from a PC with xwindows or from the console and
with ftp.
Applications are running normally on the box. I suspect some kind of
permission problems, but doesnt know which files to look for.

any suggestions would make me very happy.

Venlig hilsen/Best Regards
Simon Jespersen
Pinetree Systems A/S
7100 Vejle