[SunHELP] vxlicense error

Zaheer Ahmed zaheerahmed at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 2 14:32:28 CDT 2003

Johnny, Thanks for your prompt reply.
Well I have to be more specific. I apologize for that.

Installing License

Starting with VxVM 3.5, the commands for installing and querying licenses
have changed. Instead of the vxlicense command, there are a few new
commands:
7 vxlicinst: installs a veritas license key.
7 vxlicrep: reports all veritas license keys installed on the system.
7 vxlictest: identifies whether a veritas product feature is licensed on
the system.
the keys listed below is not actually valid key:

# /opt/VRTSvlic/bin/vxlicinst

VERITAS License Manager vxlicinst utility version 3.00.007d
Copyright (C) VERITAS Software Corp 2002. All Rights reserved.

Enter your license key : 1144 3385 4498 7652 4920 229
Key successfully installed in
/etc/vx/licenses/lic/11443385449876524920229.vxlic

How can one be sure that the license key installed is only belongs to the
Veritas Volume Manager?
Do I have to buy a seperate license for VxFS (Veritas File System)?
The media box that I bought from Veritas is for whole Veritas Foundation
Suite and the the cost of one license was $2000.
I am not sure that this key belongs to only one product from the whole
suite.

Thanks