[SunHELP] Solaris 8 and LDAP

Tue Jan 28 01:24:06 CST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to learn more about enabling user authentication on Solaris 8
using LDAP. I have seen few articles, but nothing clearly says what I need to
do to get the system setup. I will appreciate any help on this.

The one other question I have is..... can I migrate the groups data
(/etc/group) to LDAP and let Solaris 8 to manage the groups from LDAP?
Remember, there is no naming services like NIS or NIS+ running currently in
our environment.

I don't know... have I asked the questions correctly? Please correct me if I
am wrong. I am not an Administrator, just a Developer, curious in knowing more
about above subject. Basically, trying to figure out some good solution on
user authentication and group management at a central place. Our choice is
LDAP since the application and OS support on LDAP.

Thanks, Raghu