[SunHELP] xhost (cont.)

Thu Jan 16 12:21:07 CST 2003

previously I posted about xhost not returning back to command line after
execution with or without parameters.  I tried from the console and had no
problem.  At the time I was in ssh which is where I do most administration.
I've found that after a reboot that the xhost entries are reset.  Upon
trying to automate the xhost entries upon boot within an init script I find
that xhost doesn't make then entries nor does it produce any output.

example:
~
#! /bin/sh
  xhost server1 server2 server2
~
I threw in a DISPLAY=server:0.0; export DISPLAY on the first line and still
no go.  I still haven't pinpointed what I need to do for this situation but
the end result obviously is to always have xhost entries without manually
adding them each reboot.

Thanks for any info.